Many who are immigrants need to be embraced by schools in understanding the culture, and have a voice in the decision-making that affects their children. When there are language barriers, even more effort needs to be made to effectively engage parents in supporting schools.
– Cherie Ho, Principal Nesbit Elementary School, Belmont community.
Partner with us to strengthen families
Families are the foundation to create a thriving community. We believe that health, economic stability, and education determine a family’s success. Our services help families connect with community resources, build strong family relationships, and become leaders so they can advocate for their children’s success.
PCRC’s Strengthening Families Initiative works in the schools and in the community to help families:
- Connect to opportunities that improve their livelihood
- Learn leadership skills to strengthen the family unit
- Work more effectively with the schools, neighborhoods, organizations, and communities
We approach family engagement from every angle to provide families with opportunities to achieve their full potential. Our services include:
- Nationally acclaimed research based Parent Project® parenting classes
- Group learning series that focus on leadership development and capacity building for parents
- 1:1 coaching with families who participate in series or are members of parent committees such as PTA, ELAC, etc.
- Consultation for administrators, staff, and teachers to improve family engagement
- Facilitating dialogue between school members (families, staff, administration) to breakdown barriers and build meaningful relationships
- Training service providers and school staff to increase parent involvement on campus
Results of our consulting, coaching, training, and/or on-site partnerships include:
- Reduced family conflict, juvenile crime, and improved school performance and attendance
- Positive changes in attitude towards school and/or the community
- Improved communication, respect, and trust between school/organizational staff and families
- Greater access and improved navigation of school and community resources, services, and programs
- Increased number of parent volunteers on school campuses
- Increased number of families enroll or reenroll in low cost health care
Celebrate family successes. To learn more about training for parents or staff at your school Begin here. Contact us to speak with the Director of Strengthening Families Initiative.